Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 4000 access via HiPath Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

tburke99

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
US
Since the ComWins application is the only way to get any alarming information from the HiPath 4000 ver 1, 2 or 3, does anyone know how the HiPath manager extracts alarms and performance metrics from the HiPath PBX. I was just wondering if there was an API built into the PBX or is there some add-on module that is installed on the HiPath PBX to provide the information to HiPath manager. Any information you could provide would be of great assistance to us in how the HiPath Manager receives the alarms from the HiPath PBX.

Hello,
I am developping my own alarming information system using this application on the unixware : /opt/mpcid/bin/dipas_batch

This allow you to launch an RMX sessions on thru unixware.

Cheers,
Denis

The Hipath 4000 is able to send Automatic Fault Reports to the Hipath Manager by use of amo's AFR/CPTP/SIGNL. In the Hipath Manager these messages are stored in the InformixDB. The Manager itselve can forward these messages by SNMP. Siemens has an application called Hipath Fault Management which is like HP Openview but then specificly for Hipath 4000/Hicom 300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back