Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 3800 with ivm

Status
Not open for further replies.

obtsystems

Programmer
Jun 13, 2010
IE
Remotely set up a new voicemail box on a virtual extension, when i dial ddi pointed to voice mail and enter my password the voice mailbox ( extension no) it justs says "the function has not being executed" and hangs up. when I ring extension it will go to voicemail. setting this up remotely and don't want to go on site(2 hour drive) any one come across this before

What exactly are you trying to achieve? If you are trying to remotely access a mailbox from a DDI number you can dial the DDI and whilst the message is playing enter * + pw and you should be into the mailbox of that user. Alternatively you can do the above to any valid mailbox and then press *# the IVM will ask you for the password of another mailbox then the mailbox number and agin you should then be connected to the mailbox. Also it can take several minutes for the IVM to register the mailbox on its drive, it is not instant!

Hi Leeky27
We have a ddi pointed directly to the vm group. it answers looking for password, then mailbok no.

it had setup ok, could leave a message, we got someone to do it from a phone internaly and change password. worked ok.

must not allow you to setup a mailbox and get external access to it without first access being from a internal phone..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back