Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 3750 Cordless phones not showing caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cosmin.ion

Technical User
Apr 28, 2023
RO
Hello forum, i have a problem with a hipath 3750 not showing the number that is calling on the display of cordless phones (gigaset a170H) insted it„s showing your one number. But if i give the phone station a restart caller id seams to work for about 5-10 minutes. and if i call the central post the sumber shows as is should. Thanks

I guess this happens on all A-type Gigasets?
Or do you have the same problem on other handsets too?
I thought that the A-type Gigasets could not be used on a Cordless system.
So that you even got them registered astonish me.

Yes this happens on all A-type Gigasets, we only have gigasets for the cordless system and yes a-type workes with cordless. they are preaty easy to setup.

Like I said, I remember these A-type Gigaset don't work (100%) with HiPath Cordless systems.
Functionality is only supported when using the Professional handsets.

I understand now. In theory, it shouldn't work, but even if it does, the functionality is limited. can you give me an example of a professional model?

Well, this is the current protofolio: But your 3750 is so obsolete that there is no guarantee they will work together.
The latest firmware for a 3750 is from 2009. So handsets from that time but I don't know if that was S1, S2, S3?

But, almost every other Gigaset should work as GAP compatible handset, except the A-versions.
Some have all features, some don't (like you already discovered).

I'm sorry not a exact answer, but 2009 is a while ago...so I don't remember it exactly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back