Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 3550 On Hold Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWCircuits

Technical User
Jun 23, 2012
US
Hello all, thanks for reading,

We have a Seimans Hipath 3550 V6.0 telephone system and our On Hold Music has screwed up. The system was installed professionally quite a few years ago now and I've inherited it !

For a long while the On Hold Music wasn't there (I'm pretty sure it was set up originally) and then perhaps a year back we suddenly had hold music! Unfortunately recently it's now changed again and if anyone rings in and we put them on hold it sounds like your listening to the radio in the shower!

As far as I'm aware we don't have any cards (i.e. the EXM) plugged into the system and we definitely don't have a CD or MP3 etc player plugged in. The hold music is/was just a short loop of default(?) music that comes default with the system? I've read our main manual on the system and it doesn't even mention On Hold Music. I've found a couple more manuals on-line which mention it a lot more but nothing really definite. If I load the hipath manager ( we have C & E ) and go into “Settings > Auxiliary equipment“ and select the “Announcement“ tab. I can see the MOH sources but that entire selection is blank and greyed out.

If nothing else I'd just like to turn the MOH off so it doesn't sound like we are experiencing a torrential down pour but ideally I'd like to fix it and perhaps even change the short loop, but it's really not a very user friendly system !

Many thanks

Just a quick update to this. I've found a AK6 Digital Media Player/adapter with an SD card sticking out the top plugged into our telephone system - but not directly into the Hipath box. So i'm still not sure how it works but it looks like this is where the problem might be occurring from !...

They usually connect via an analog station port. Sometimes there is an Atlas Soundolier converter involved if the device in question doesn't have a 600 Ohm output. Normally if you have music issues you can just get away with deactivating and reactivating that port, and sometimes it's more difficult.

I don't know the 3550, but in a 4000 world or a Hicom 300 world I would use AMO DIS-RCSU; to display all the recorders or other sources in the system. Typically there could be an HMUSIC for hold music, or a SYSMUS, or an ACDMUS or something along those lines. On my Hipath 15o, which eventually because the 3000 using Assistant E there was a special place in the config file where you could designate what port the music is connected to.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks Don,

The AK6 media player is the issue, we where able to read the CD card fine and after cleaning out the AK6 player the hold music was fine, for about an hour before it went back to the same issue, so we think it might just be old and overheating ! We've ordered an equivalent player off ebay (as this one went obsolete about 3 years ago) and hopefully it will just be a straight swap over !

Might I recommend this awesome doodad?
OHP 8000
Under $150 on Amazon. Just load MP3's on a USB stick and plug it in. Simple and reliable!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back