Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 3500 Internal Phonebook/Speed dials

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhauxwell

Technical User
Dec 7, 2006
GB
Hi,

This may seem like a really simple question but i cant figure it out! - we have a Hipath 3500 system and ive been using Manager E to do some tweaks however i cant figure out how to edit the internal phone book.

Am i doing something stupid?

Cheers,

Joel.

The internal phonebook is a collection of items in the hipath.
The internal numbers are gathered from the phonelist where you configure the names and numbers.
In the station settings you can determine if you want this station number to be displayed in the phonebook.

Then also the group numbers are collected and put into the internal phonebook. Here you can also determine if you want to display the group in the phonebook.

Last thing that is put into the phonebook is the speeddial list.

All of these things are displayed as how you program them in the the manager. You can't manage the phonebook seperatly.

Hope this was the information you needed.

Hi,

Thanks for your help - in the end it was my error. I had logged in using the service logon, this doesnt allow you to view the internal phonebook in Manager E. Once i logged on as the customer i was able to edit it to my hearts content.

Cheers,

Joel.

when you add a user with "customer rights" in the hipath user management the rights for this user will only appear when logging in as this user and wil be remove from user "service" and "development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back