Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hipath 3500 and hg1500

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nlewis

IS-IT--Management
May 17, 2011
GB
Hi,

I recently took over the maintenance of my companys Hipath 3500 after our provider went bust. I'm actually the IT manager and have no real experiance in this area.

I have the v24 serial cable and a copy of Manager E.

Our system currently consists of 28 Optipoint 400 IP phones. I can access the hipath 3500 through Manager E and make changes to existing stations, however I now need to add a new station.

I have added a new station in manager E however I cannot Access the hg1500 card. When i click on the link in Manager E it returns this error

"Hipath Manager Hg 1500 path not correct or program not installed"

I do not know how to get hold of the program and I have read about accessing the hg1500 card through a web browser However I do not know the Ip address that has been assigned to it.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Please let me know if I'm doing something stupid

Thanks a lot

Neil

This depends on the version of the hg1500. if it is a v3 or higher you can access it based on http (port 8081)
Use the same login credentials as on the hipath.

Somewhere in one of the menu's you'll find the stations and there you can add the station.

It's been along time since i worked with this. I can't tell you if you'll need licences for the extra stations.

And if you have a hg1500 v2 then another program is required. Don't know how to get that one anymore :(

Good luck.

If you go into the admin menu on one of the optiPoint phones and look up the gateway address. The gateway should be your hg1500 card, so that should be the IP address of the card.

Thanks for the quick responses.

I have looked on our optipoint phones but I can only see:

Terminal Ip address, Terminal Mask, & Default Route

The default route is set to 192.168.0.1 which is our main server.

I cannot find gateway address.

I am not sure which version of the HG1500 card we have, I dont want to remove the card during working hours because i think we will lose access to all our phones.

I read online about a program called "Assistant Xpress @LAN/HG 1500" but I cannot find it anywhere. Do you think I need this?

Also I do remember that last time our old provider came to fit a new phone he mentioned something about needing more licenses. If so where would I purchase these?

Thanks again for any help.

Neil

Hi Neil

what version og hipath 3500 v6 or v7. although if your running optipoint 400 phones it is most likely to be a version 5 or 6 switch,

when you load manager E on the left handside to you see at the top an IP address? if so that is the IP for the HG150 card. you can click on it, if it is a version 2.5 or 3 card. To be honest you dont really need in to the card to add stations

If you add the station number on the station screen whre you can put in extn DDI and Names. one of the taps accros the top should say gatekeeper. in there you should see where you can add phones in, you will need to select h323 and click add. you will more than likely to need comschendo licences for the phones. for this you will need to contact a dealer to get this information.

Cheers
Mike

The terminal ID is the IP that your system assigns to that phone. Using that IP, do the following:

Open web-based management tool

To invoke the interface, open a web browser and enter the following URL:

For optiPoint 410/420 economy plus/standard/advance:
https://[IP of the telephone]

For optiPoint 410 entry/economy:
http://[IP of the telephone]

where [IP of the telephone] represents the IP address of the optiPoint 410/
420 that you wish to match.

The start page of the web server is displayed
(example optiPoint 420 advance).

Click on "Administration".

Enter the administrator password for this optiPoint 410/420 telephone and
click on "Login".

Password is usually 123456

From the web manager of the phone you should be able to see the Gateway address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back