Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 3000 V6 with TAPI 170 V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cody64

Vendor
Oct 21, 2004
AU
I am having trouble getting TAPI 170 V2 running with a HiPath 3000 on V6. I have successfully implemented this on other sites but this one is different as the tapi server is sitting on a 2k3 server that is not the domain controller but is on the same domain. The DC is running server 2k8.

The issue...when I log into a client workstation I do not get the option in Dialer to select the tapi line as assigned in the tapi server. I have run the 'tcmsetup /c testsql' command on the workstation, testsql is the server name where the tapi server is running.

If I log into the 2k3 server running the tapi server, I do see it as an option and can dial using dialer so I know the server is running and licenced.

Anyone know how I can monitor to see if the workstation is even connecting to the tapi server to authenticate? I have tried Wireshark but don't see any packets relating to tapi.

Does anyone have the tapi 170 running on server 2008?

Thanks

Cody64.

HI
Ithink that maybe is a server problem in readme file from tapi1770 v2 there is no message about supporting windows server 2008 ( its supports win 2k, 2k3,xp, vista ). But there is information about not supporting 64 bit sytems, is your server is 64-bit ?

greetings

Sygi

Hi Sygi,

I believe you are right about svr 2k8 not being supported. I find that a bit poor of Siemens considering how long 2k8 has been around.
I did find someone who has got a 2k8 domain controller running with tapi on a standalone 2k3 server, he needed to start the tapi lic service in the 2k3 server as a domain user with local admin rights on the 2k3 machine.
We have tried this on my site but now find that their 2k3 server is virtual so they are setting up a physical machine to try.

Cody64

Don't know if it's supported or not, but you need to turn off UAC in 2k8.

To turn off UAC
1.Click Start, and then click Control Panel.

2.In Control Panel, click User Accounts.

3.In the User Accounts window, click User Accounts.

4.In the User Accounts tasks window, click Turn User Account Control on or off.

5.If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message appears. Click Continue.

6.Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.

7.Click Restart Now to apply the change right away, or click Restart Later and close the User Accounts tasks window.

More info can be found here;

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

PS. Re-install the TAPI driver, make sure you install it by right clicking on the setup and the select "run as administrator"

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back