Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiPath 3000- getting CLIP to work on analog ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoPressureMon

Technical User
Jul 16, 2012
US
Our site already has caller id on incoming calls to the digital phones- but when testing the analog's on a butt set with a display no ANI information is displayed, there is a flag called "CLIP" that is checked off but still no display, as I understand it this was not supported on V7 and below but we are currently running V9.

Thanks for any help

Dumb question, but IF the system supports caller-id on analog lines now, are you subscribing to Caller-ID with Name on your trunk lines? Without name you should get just the digits.

The PBX is receiving and providing ANI to digital phones. The issue is that the analog phones "with Display" currently do not see ANI which is what is expected on a CLIP enabled feature set.

Clarification on last comment Caller ID in this case is numerical only, no subscription for name calling:)

I appreciate the response but this is a HiPath 3000, Zand is for the HiPath 4000....

Its been a time back since i worked with the hipath 3000, but back in those days only the 4 analoge ports of the motherboard supported clip. And that was only with the latest models. Before that they didn't support it at all.

So you could try it on the 4 ports of the motherboard and see what it does.

CLIP was not supported before version 7 HiPath3K no matter what size box (in this case a 3800), in any event I was able to find some Bellcore standards under which the current Pri is provisioned for. I am pretty sure at this point it is a configuration issue being that incoming calls to this Pri is able to number presentation to the switch. Thank you for everyone's input so far!

Hi,

Have you tried changing the analog stn with clip protocol settings in system parameters, system settings (bottom right hand corner of screen). Any systems I have put caller-id capable phones on have just worked but maybe there is a difference with the phones you are using. Our default is ETSI FSK type 1.

Cheers Cody64.

Cody64 is correct but you will need to check what protocol your trunks are set to.
Also not all analogue subscriber cards support clip. Think you need SLAE24N but try to confirm that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back