Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High CRC's on both my Serial Links

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbyrizvi

IS-IT--Management
Apr 6, 2004
US
I have two outbound connection and both of them are showing high CRC error's we have checked the cabling csu/dsu and other items.

Any Suggestions???

I'd call the telco and have them do a test on the circuit..

BuckWeet

We have had telco check the connection and it looks good. Can anything on the router cause this. I have already changed out the serial card. Since both my outside circuits are showing high CRC's on the same router, I am wondering if there is something I can do on the router config.

Do you have the clocking set to line or internal? It should be set to line.

NetEng

Clocking shouldn't cause CRC errors to my knowledge, it'll cause slips and such, but CRCs are from corrupted data..

You sure you have the linecoding and framing set correctly?

The telco probably tests from the POP to the smartjack..

I'd put a loop on one side, then run some test patterns across the link to see if you get errors..

BuckWeet

It is highly likely that you have something wrong with either the cabling or router interface. I would suggest checking the cabling and interfaces again, ideally replacing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back