Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High CPU usage on Callpilot 201i

Status
Not open for further replies.

uofm

Vendor
Aug 21, 2006
US
I have a Callpilot 201i running 4.04.04. The problem we're having is every few days to a week the CPU usage spikes to around 100% bogging the Callpilot down. A reboot fixes the issue temporarily but then the same thing happens. We installed a new hard drive with up to date PEPs thinking that might be the issue but the problem is still not resolved. Has anyone seen this issue or knows of a resolution for it. Thanks.

If you had the CP on your network you may want to run both malware software and a virus software

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Go to task manager and see what process is running the CPU high, 201i has a known issue with high CPU usage.

svchost.exe and nbsm_sm.exe battling over CPU utilization is a common problem. Avaya recommends not having Anti-Virus installed on the CallPilot as it sometimes reaches out for updates or takes up processing - DoScan.exe is a common one I've found.

I would consider upgrading to 5.1 SU03 - ALOT of fixes for the 201i.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back