Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High call rate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaca2004

Technical User
Oct 27, 2004
ES
Hi! I have a customer in BC9paqB, who is having "high call rate" alarms. I have made traffic records and they are not having a huge traffic density (they have a lot of traffic, but as usual). I would like to know if I could modify the value of this traffic threshold (maybe any SACOS??) in order this alarm not to appear... Thanks in advance an regards!!

Hi, if this is Multi-LIM MD you need to look at the basic engineering of the system in terms of routes, extensions and operators, as your customer will be experiencing some degradation to service and it is pointless to try and "mask" the alarms.

Is there a reasonably even distribution of extensions etc accross the LIM's ? Are they co-located or remote LIM's ? The system may be performing unnecessary inter-LIM switching to connect extensions to routes/operators and vice versa. The result is that while traffic volume may seem moderate, there is much additional call processing being performed such that a given LIM's throughput is being exceeded perhaps just momentarily.

A LIM should ideally switch traffic to the "closest" resource rather than via the Group Switch and it seems that your system in question may be unbalanced. If it is not practical to re-engineer the system in it's present configuration then an upgrade to BC12 would help or of course by adding an additional LIM ! The latter is more true of course if the system in question is currently just a single LIM.

The only other solution is to reduce usage of the system............that of course is not possible !

Good Luck.

Well it could be a real congestion in your switch. What is the additional info and how many code 320 you got per day? Any pattern? example, it happen only during busy hour? If you have 320 during the time that there is less people in the office, then this is a fault but if 320 appears during busy hours, this means you need to reconfigure your system. If 1 LIM system, you need to add another LIM. If multi LIM system, you need to move some equipment.

Hi jaca2004.

Question you need to ask is how may TMU card per LIM? IS it one TMU per MAG?
How may users per LIM? How many GSM links per LIM?
How may PSTN and or Digital trunks per system?

If you answer those, possbley you might solve this.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back