Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

High call activity in ASA Call Traffic

Status
Not open for further replies.

tkinney

MIS
May 8, 2003
NL
Hi,
I have been using the call traffic option in ASA to track my busy times of day for upgrade info....I noticed that a few days ago I had 1000+ calls and 1900+ calls on my total call attempts at 7:00 and 8:00 p.m. when only a skeleton night shift is here. Fortunatly in the other columns I show 8 incoming and 2 outgoing, 38 total calls. I have my tr to tr trans set to no. Do not use off net, no FAC listed for facility test, no TTI. Am I missing a security issue. I do not have any call accounting but I have been looking into it lately.

Thanks,
Tina

Checked Audix Outcalling and Definity Remote-Access?

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Home is were you end up when you've got nothing better to do

Checked Audix Outcalling and Definity Remote-Access?

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

Home is were you end up when you've got nothing better to do

Thanks Maarten,
I have both so I changed outcalling in Audix to no but I'm afraid to touch the remote access in the PBX because I heard if you need it you will pay a hefty fee to turn it back on. I do not have an extension listed in remote access though, would that matter or am I still a sitting duck?

Thanks
Tina

No extension in there and no security code entries is OK.
Other risks...hmmm...
No call-fwd off net? Do a list call-forward to ckeck all the call-forwarded stations.
Couldn't think of anything else for now...
Ask for a bill specification from your provider to check the called numbers and get call-accounting software asap!

Kind Regards,
Maarten Copini

I had this same thing a while back. Ended up tracing it back to some analog modems that were chattering. Basically, they would go off hook then back on again a couple, three times a minute. Confirmed it by doing a "list trace station" command and watching it for a couple minutes.

Darn wish I had list trace station but I am getting a lot of aca long and when I status the trunk it is modem ports. So I am looking at the modems.

Thanks,
Tina

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back