Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hierarchical flexgrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

studybum

Programmer
Feb 24, 2001
US
If you can not make changes to a database using the flexgrid, how can you use it with a text box? I'm using the ADO ActiveX data library 2.0 and trying to modify a field in a table I'm connected to using the flexgrid. Each book I read indicates it is not possible to do directly but is possible with a text box. But how?

You can do it this way. Use a text box and hide it under the flexigrid. Now in the click event of the flexigrid, show the textbox in the desired position on the grid by setting its size, left and top position. Now you can enter the desired value in the textbox(the data you want to enter)and in the lost-focus event of the textbox, populate that cell of the flexigrid with the value entered. Later on, with another event, say click event of an "OK" button, you can update your database with the values in the flexigrid, by opening a recordset and adding/editing values in it.
Oops! Hope it helps!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back