Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Toolbar/Menubar/Location etc onLoad 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadanis

Programmer
Mar 21, 2002
GB
Hi All

Hope someone can help me here.

I know how to hide the window tools, location bar etc from an onClick event on another page, but in this case the page is loaded directly by a CD autorun procedure. I would like it to open plain and deny resise to the users but I can't seem to figure out how to do this onLoad. Any help would be great

Thanks in advance

D

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Once the window is open, there is NO way of removing the toolbars. You can only do this at the stage where you call window.open.

If I were you, I would be looking to write a browser app using Delphi, VB, etc, to create your own browser designed to look as you require it to.

Hope this helps,
Dan

Ok thanks. Was a bit of a rush job so didn't have time to write the browser myself. Will just have to live with toolbars etc this time.

Maybe I'll get something written for next time (there always seems to be a next time [wink] )

Am I jumping the gun, Baldrick, or are the words 'I have a cunning plan' marching with ill-deserved confidence in the direction of this conversation?

Hi,

I think that you could do in this way:
The `main' window will be just a small JS which do:
- load a window with no toolbars, status && other stuff
- close the `main' window.
in that way you will have just the window with no toolbars, etc...

HTH

___
____

predamarcel, thanks... great idea! works fine.

didn't think of doing that! sometimes theres a simple solution that it takes some one else to point out

cheers [smile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back