Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding/Suppressing a Group 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

pineisland99

Instructor
Feb 13, 2007
US
Crystal Reports 9.2
How Can i hide/suppress a group in Crystal?

I have to groups in my report, one with the data I want.
The other with the data I don't want. I can't discard this data because I need it reflect in my summaries.

Thank You

Please provide the logic you would like to use to exclude the group.

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

"If you have a big enough dictionary, just about everything is a word"
--Dave Barry

Report > Selection Formulas Group lets you do this.

To suppress an invididual section, right-click on the section and choose Format Section. Then choose the formula icon (x+2 and a pencil) and enter your logic.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

well I have 2 groups in the report. They are based off a question ( fu148#reason ).If the question is populated with an answer, it goes to one group.
If the question has no answer(null), it goes to the other group - I would like to hide this group altogether.

I have gone into the Section expert, highlighted the details section, checked off suppress to the right, then clicked on the (x+2 and a pencil) button, which takes me to the editor.
I'm hoping If I could add logic to the effect of:
If fu148#reason <> null something to that effect, I will get the intended results.

dgillz and Madawc,

Thanks for the help

I went into the Section expert, highlighted the details section, checked off suppress, then clicked on the (x+2 and a pencil) button, which takes me took me to the editor where i entered:

GroupName ({TRACKING_FILE_CUSTOMREPORT.fu148#reason_for_non_offer}) = "fu148"

i repeated the same thing for the 'Group Header' entry in section expert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back