Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Subreport - Still getting Shared Var

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 4, 2004
EU
Greetings all

Is there anyway in CR9 to suppress a sub-report, ie. get it to not print, but still get the values in the shared variables?

Regards

BurnsORegan

Well how did you solve it? I have the same problem :)

Thanks in advance!
Sherry

In 8.5, you can make the subreport very small, effectively invisible even though it runs.

Madawc Williams (East Anglia)

URGENT... I also have this problem and can't solve it... I tried to make the subreport as small as possible, but it doesn't go smaller than height 0.040, which causes too much space between my group lines. Does anyone know any other way to get rid of this space without losing the values??
Thanks in advance for any help!

.04 is pretty small...

You can place the subreport behind another object if that helps.

In general, try to avoid using subreports, create a View on the database side.

-k

Thanks for the help.. I actually figured it out by turning off the "can grow" option.

URGENT... OK, I have encountered another problem. Basically my setup is this:

group header 4: subreport with values coming into the main report

group footer 4: main values from the subreport (the values show 0 unless I have the subreport in the header)

I managed to hide the header rows completely (very small space in between footer rows) by turning off "can grow", but now I need to supress the footer when a certain condition is met, and once I do that, I get spaces in between the remaining footer rows, caused by the header, which in some cases becomes quite a large space, depending on how many rows were supressed in each section. If I try to apply the same supress condition to the header, I lose my values.

If anyone has any idea on a way around this, I would appreciate it very much as I am going crazy with these spaces!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back