Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Recipients Address'

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyt1513

IS-IT--Management
Jun 19, 2002
US
With Lotus Notes 4.5,

How do I set up an email list, and have all of the recipients only see their email address as a recipient.

Thanks,

Mike

Put them in the bcc field - That is what it is for.

Or, if the group is in a server address book then Notes defaults to not expanding the group in the SendTo field.

How do you add that field. I have the to: and the cc: fields there now?

Thanks,

Mike

I just found out we do not have the license for bcc.

Thanks, for the help, I know in Exchange 2000 you can set it up in Active Directory to hide recipients in distribution lists. I am an exchange guy, but we don't use it here.

Thanks,

Mike

no license for bcc? Woonjas
IRC: #notes on EFNet

You don't need a license for bcc:, as far as I know. This should come standard. Check your template. It sounds like it's been modified to have that field removed. Other than this, create a group with the recipients in it and send using that group name. Check the Memo form in the template to ensure that the expandpersonalgroups field is set to 0.

I created the group, where is the "Check Memo form in the template" so I can set the expand personal groups field to 0

Thanks

Mike

For some reason when I open the new memo and then go to delivery options, it doesn't give me that opportunity to set it to know. Is there a certain place where I can go in and set the field value to 0 like you said?

Thanks Again,

Mike

You'll need to go into the design of the mail file, because this is a hidden field in the Memo form. The field should be at the top of the form. Just ensure it's value is set to 0. Have you tried sending a test mail to that group first, to see if it expands? Just place your name and someone else's name in that group, and send the test mail. If it expands, then you'll need to modify the field. If it doesn't then it might be safe to assume that it's already set not to expand. If so, add the real names into the group and send it.

Yeh it is expanded by default. We are a global company and email is restricted it isn't controlled at my site nor do I have access to the mail file.

Thanks,

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back