Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Object in Preview Not Print

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBear

Instructor
Jun 1, 2001
CA
Is there a function or UFL that can selectively suppress objects / sections in a report based on whether the report is Previewed vs Printed?

Thanks,

Crystal doesn't provide a way (that I know of) to distinguish between preview and print. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
Public classes and individual training.
Guide to using Crystal in VB
tek@kenhamady.com

Setup a parameter field with valid values of P-Print and V-View, and then conditionally suppress the object(s) based on the parameter field value. Software Sales, Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

I think the problem is that he is going to preview, and then print from preview, in the same run. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

Exactly. The solution also needs to work with the REAPI (crp32.dll). So it looks like the VB calls are somewhat limited here in 'preview aware' properties. I believe it can be done with C++ but there is a bit of a learning curve and I was hoping there may be some existing code available or some VB wrapper I'm not aware of that exposes the necessary properties.

Thanks.

I am afraid that this will never happen in stand alone CR, and will probably only be possible in the RDC - where you can modify object properties based on a click event.

Of course, you could also create your own 'print' button that passes the printing value to suppress the object. Ken Hamady, On-site Custom Crystal Reports Training & Consulting
tek@kenhamady.com

I think you're right.

Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back