Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

MsJami

Technical User
Sep 1, 2004
US
I have a report that is a daily time sheet most of the time the guys work at only one location.
But when they work at multiple locations I want to only display the hourly breakdown for those with more than one location.
At the present time everbodies hourly breakdown shows up I only want the ones with multiple job#'s show up.

Is it possible?
Thank you in advance
Jami

Please enter some sample records with field names and then exactly how you would like these sample records to appear on the report.

Duane
MS Access MVP
Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.

O.k.
My report has
employee, job#, hourly breakdown, total hrs, subsistence

the employee total hrs is fine and so is subsistence.

their might be more than one job# for each employee for that day with different hours for each location.

If any employee only worked at one job I just want the total hours to show.

If an employee worked at multiple locations I want the hourly breakdown and the job # to show how many hours for each location.

Thank you

MsJami,
You didn't really tell us more than your first posting. Did you not understand my request for "some sample records with field names and then exactly how you would like these sample records to appear on the report"?

Duane
MS Access MVP

Sorry about that, here goes

Employee Job# HoursBreakdown Totalhrs Subsistence
John 518 5 8 none
520 3
Jack 500 8 8 none
Donald 500 8 8 none

this is how my report is laid out. as you can see right now in the hourly breakdown, Jack and donald have 8 hours. they don't don't need to be there cuz there hours total up in the total hours. So I only want johns hourly breakdown to appear and not jack and donalds.

I hope this helps a little better.
Jami

You could create a totals query that is similar to your report's record source. Group by Employee and count the Job#s. Add this totals query to your report's record source and set a criteria under the CountOfJobNums of >1.

Duane
MS Access MVP

I have tried that and everything else, when I put a filter in my report it works then the rest of the information doesn't show up. I will keep plugging along.
Any more help would be greatly appreciated
Thanx
Jami

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back