Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding database window

Status
Not open for further replies.

leighchel

Programmer
Jan 3, 2003
FR
We have set up a scheduling and attendance database and have set all options to keep the database window hidden (we are using Access 2000). Now my issue is that we have some repopulate macros that run when you leave two of our forms to update our tables. When these macros run it brings the database window out of hiding. Granted we have asked/told our staff not to mess with the database window if it pops back up but with 20-30 people using this database there is no guarantee that this will not happen.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what to keep the DB window in the background so that it does not show up again when the queries are running?

Thanks in advance!

Michelle

Have you unchecked the "Display Database Window" in the Startup Dialog box? (TOOLS|STARTUP...)

No it is still checked in the startup options. I searched through the forums some to see if anyone else had had this same occurrence and so far I haven't been able to find any solutions as to why the window comes back into view when you run the macro to repopulate.

Michelle

In your macro, immediately before the row running your queries, add the action "Echo", select Echo On "No". Immediately after the row running your queries, add the action "Echo", select Echo On "Yes". This will "freeze" the screen while your queries are executing.

If you don't want the database window to be displayed, then you need to UNCHECK "Display Database Window".

I apologize FancyPrairie, the box is unchecked. I tried Billpower's way also and I guess due to SEWP and the way it makes programs run strangley that didn't work either.

I did just get it to work though. At the end of my Macro I put the RunCommand in and then selected WindowHide and it worked!

Thanks for the help.

Michelle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back