Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

khansen97

Programmer
Oct 14, 2003
US
Does anybody know how to hide data?

I have a report that looks like this

Month 01 02 03
Variable A 2 4
Variable B 2 4 6

Variable A is a previous function of Variable B. I am looking to have only columns 02 and 03 show up, but because of the previous function, I had to bring in 01 to get Variable A for month 02 to show up. I would like to hide the 01 month if possible. Does anybody know if that is possible?

Is there a way to populate Variable A for month 02 without bringing in 01?

Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

If it is in a separate column, then use format tabel- pivot - hide

Unfortunatley that is not going to work. I have rotated the table so my data has turned into the columns. Month is my object; 01, 02, and 03 is data returned when I run the report. The pivot-hide will hide objects rather than individual data.

Any other ideas?

Do you mean pull month out of the table and create a section with it? When I try that my Variable A does not populate for any of the columns. Is this what you meant?

If I understand you correctly you would like to see

Month 02 03
Variable A 2 4
Variable B 4 6

Can you not just apply a filter to month where month > 1 ?

Or is it you could have blanks in any months and need for formula to not display the month if many month does not have a value for variable A ?

Darren Marsden

That is exactly what I am looking for.

However when I place a filter to be >01 the variable A for 02 disapears.

I would like the month not to display if the formula returns a blank. Is that possible?

I see. Thats a pain.

Could you create the Previous Variable as a object, even a user object should do ?

If you could do this your filter on your report would be ok.

Darren Marsden

I am trying to stay away from creating objects (I don't have access to create objects). But if necessary I willv request it to be built.

thanks

You can create user objects in REPORTER module. It's not necessary you have to have DESIGNER id. Select the month - right click - insetrt filter- select all except 01.

Or Select the monthe column - Format filter - add - insert your filter here.

That does not work either. When I do that the Variable A for month 02 disapears.

The only solution I see is what Darren suggests, which is to create an object in the universe for this data.

Thanks for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back