Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding Columns in MSFlexGrid

Status
Not open for further replies.

secureshell

Programmer
Sep 24, 2002
CA
Hi Guys,

I am hiding columns in an MSFlexGrid by setting the ColWidth property = 0. Well this works for the columns that I am trying to hide in between. But the first column that I need to hide can be made visible by the user by rolling their mouse over and getting the 'Resize Column' mouse pointer. Is this the right way to hide columns in the MSFlexGrid? Thx for any input. {W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

If you set the AllowUserResizing property equal to flexResizeNone (0), then the the user can't resize the grid cells. Other than that, the only way I could prevent this from happening was to check the column width regularly and set it back to 0 if it was changed. I couldn't find any event that was triggered when the column was resized.

>If you set the AllowUserResizing property equal to
>flexResizeNone (0), then the the user can't resize the
>grid cells

Well, you are right about the AllowUserResizing property but unfortunately the users want the columns to be resizable. And setting the ColWidth property to 0 is the right way to make columns invisible. Check the link below off the microsoft website.

For the time being I've been able to get around the problem by making the first column fixed. {W r i t e C o d e A n d K i c k A s s}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back