Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding accounts from the logon screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vigilant

Technical User
Apr 9, 2002
NO
Currently I have two accounts; the build in Administrator account, and a regular User account ( + deactivated Guest account). I have no second admin user.
When I start my machine up I can choose either Administrator or the regular user account. What I want to do is to 'hide' the Administrator logon icon, and only be able to choose the regular user account. (To log on to the Administrator user I will have to press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.)

How do I hide the Administrator account logon icon from the logon screen?

In regedit, add the administrator account as a DWORD to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\SpecialAccounts\UserList and give it a value of "0". This will remove the administrator account form the welcome screen. You can access it by pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL twice. This will give you the old NT/W2K logon screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back