Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hiding a field for certain records in a Report 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

tattie

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2003
US
Hi,
I need help in figuring out how to hide one field in a report for only specific records, not all records. The report is a school's Parent Directory, where some parents don't want their email addresses on it, but everyone else does. The email address is used for those parents on other in-house reports, where it needs to appear. But for the Parent Directory report, I need to hide it. I'm already limiting the records that are displayed in the query for this report since some parents don't want to be in the directory at all. That part is working fine.
Any suggestions, please?

Thanks!!!

Sorry i just checked.

Instead of the [boolean feild]='yes'

it should be
[boolean field]=true

(notice without dashes)

The way i would add this go to SQL view. In the select statement write the IIF..... AS email address

What this is basically doing is to say IF the email address is allowed to be showed, then use it, if not use blank. Then call this field email address.

HTH

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Dan (Plank),
Thank you SO MUCH for your help. You don't know how much I appreciate it! Wahoo! So it could be done in a query after all! It worked great for me.

Thanks again,
-tattie

Tattie,

No probs - i have learnt so much on these forums. As i was told when i started, all most people here want for giving help, is that if you can help others.

Take care

Dan

----------------------------------------
There are 2 types of computer, the prototype and the obsolete!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back