Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide/Show report form summary programatically or disable printing blank pages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

steve4king

IS-IT--Management
Feb 6, 2007
US
I have a report form that includes an addressed section for windowed envelopes, both for sending and returning.
The section for the first envelope is in the title band. The section for the return envelope is in the summary band.

Prior to printing this report I give the user options to disable either of the envelope forms. These options are tied to variables which are linked to the print-when expression within every object in either the title or the summary band. I also set the "remove line if blank" option for all of these objects.

This works fine for the title band. If this is disabled, the title band is reduced to 0.00" and the page header moves to the top of the first page. However, the summary does not behave the same. Regardless whether it is visible or not: If there is not enough space on the first page to print the summary band at it's maximum size, it will create a blank page rather than reduce the band.

Is there a way to just disable the summary band based on that var or in any way prevent it from printing that blank page?

-Stephen

Perhaps a more concise explanation: It seems to be ignoring the "constant band height" option, which is unchecked. It should shrink with the above scenario.
VFP9 sp2

-Stephen

Ended up pushing the return form up into the title and not using the broken bands at all.(page footer and summary)
It's not the natural place for such a thing, but it works.

-Stephen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back