Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide/Restore button for rows in Excel 2002 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

baddy

Technical User
Jul 16, 2003
US
Is there any way to make a button to expand/colapse rows in an Excel spreadsheet? I am thinking there is probly a way to set a VB button to hide/unhide the rows, but the problem is I really don't know anything about VB. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Thanks Anne, I was able to use that info to record a macro and edit it to be exactly what I wanted. One problem, however, is I was hoping to have it be a button in the spreadsheet and not a toolbar button (there will be multiple of them in the sheet), is there any way you know of to have a button in a cell on the worksheet that will execute a macro? Thanks again!

Silly question, but have you considered Data / Group and Outline, which was designed to expand and collapse groups like this.

Regards
Ken...............

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
[peace]It's easier to beg forgiveness than ask permission[2thumbsup]

Ken I have never even heard of that feature before :). I just checked it out, and it was exactly what I needed. Thank you very much for your time you two!

You're welcome. Thge other option that will be similar to that is Data / Subtotals, which will allow you to subtotal groups of rows, and allow you to collapse to Subtotal view only.

Group and Outline also has an Auto-Outline feature that you may want to play with, and a Clear settings to take it all off.

Regards
Ken................

That's why he's an MVP...

and I'm a...

lamer.gif

Anne Troy
Supercharge your Office Applications:

LOL - I thought it was a fill-in-the-blanks game :)

Regards
Ken......................

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back