Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

hide field explorer and formulas

Status
Not open for further replies.

swabunn

Technical User
Jan 25, 2006
CA
Crystal 8:00
server sql server 2003

Is there a way to hide field explorer and formulas in crystal report. I am having a problem as users are keep on changing my reports on regular basis

Thanks everyone for help?

-Swabunn

Users are changing your reports on you?

Keep a spare copy of every report you finish and just overwrite whatever they do...

I'd use a batch file.

Is there a way to hide these? Not from someone else who has any regular version of crystal. That I know of.

Are they being malicious? Or something else?

What you can do is create a blank text field and expand it till it is in front of everything else.

But like smcnulty2000, I'd see the ability for users to 'tweak' as an advantage.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Firstly i'd take a strong look at the method of distribution, Can you not distribute in a manner that does not allow them the access to the base rpt file.

Secondly, If they are altering the report regularly why not ask them what it is they are changing.

Maybe you could create parameters to take these into account at runtime and keep everyone (including yourself) happy :)

'J

Thanks everyone for reply. I would considered the suggestions given above

Thanks again

Swabunn

we are in citrix environment and the same report is used by all of users. we have about 125 users and located in different 20 locations which are at quite distance.

I am trying to hide formula's and field explorer after the fact the things was gone out of control.
I put read only to field and formula but they find it out..

I think I need to somehow hide formula's and field explorer of the report

Thanks for any other suggestion

Swabunn

As CR85User suggested, you might want to check out some CR viewers. Some are very cheap. Ido Millet has a good one (Data Link Viewer) and you can also check out others listed on Ken Hamady's site:
-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back