Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Caller ID on one telephone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mforrence

Vendor
Aug 7, 2004
US
Greetings - have Legend R6 with DID & Caller ID via PRI. Customer would like to hide incoming caller ID on one telephone. We have a work-around of changing extension number of that one phone, then making it ring via coverage function. This work-around would then require a bit of a kluge to get voicemail to the correct mailbox (have original mailbox start an auto-attend with no prompt and timeout to new extension's mailbox). Any other 'cleaner' suggestions? Thanks!
Mike

Black Electrical Tape?

What is the voice mail? Merlin Messaging R3 and R4 can have a phantom mailbox destination, where one mailbox answers, but the incoming message goes into a different inbox.

Hey Mike! Could you swap out the particular MLX phone with one that does not have a display? If the system has an ETR board, you could use a non-display Euro 18 phone.

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

Black Sharpie marker was my first suggestion to customer. Voicemail is Merlin Legend Mail, so no phantoms. No ETR board either... Looks like we'll use the coverage route - thank goodness for adjuncts!
Mike

Or an MLX with a busted display. [wink]

If it ain't broke, I haven't fixed it yet.

You could open up the set and disconnect the ribbon cable that connects the display to the board, it is not rocket science. Plus it is an easy fix, if you need to restore it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back