Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hide Browser header and footer info

Status
Not open for further replies.

irbk

MIS
Oct 20, 2004
US
Is there a way, either through CSS or PHP, that one can modify the headers and footers that are printed by a browser?

In my site that I wrote, I have a page for printing and I'd like to over-ride what ever settings the browser currently has rather then telling the user to change there settings.

I don't think that it's possible but I'm hoping one of you might know of a way.

Thanks in advaince.

I think the OP is referring to the Date/Page Number/URL etc that appears at the top and the bottom of a page printed from the web. These settings can be changed in FF (and similarly in IE) by clicking File > Page Setup, then the Margins & Header/Footer. At the bottom are different items that can be printed along with the page.

As far as how to keep these printing when the user prints, I'm not sure, for they are a browser preference. I imagine it would be like asking if it's possible enable the user's JavaScript setting.

I can suggest converting the page to a PDF and then having the user print that. There are plenty of tools to do that with PHP. That's the only thing I can think of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back