Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom4000 Music on Hold per Station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

amarc5300

IS-IT--Management
Aug 20, 2005
US
Hello. We have several users in our office who have requested that when they place someone on hold that the person they place on hold does not hear on hold music.

Is there a way to set up a class of service or some other manner so that we can select which stations will use music on hold and which will not?

Thank you.

I believe hold music is a systemwide parameter - you either have it or you don't.

If you are holding in an ACD queue there are some options, but not once the call connects and is put on hold.

Unless they added some cool new feature in the 4000 I don't know about, and since I don't have a 4000 that is entirely possible.

Not to sure on this one.
If it is possible it will be under the amo SDAT then the attribute section i would think.

Will have a look into this and get back to you

the Hp4K can have several MUSIC on HOLD sources. Just create additional RCSU as HMUSIC and define a diffent numbers (1-60) then assign to the users in their SBCSU record under HMUSIC. Works great, will last forever.....!

They don`t want to hear the music so there is no point in configuring more ports.

He wants to be able to turn moh off on a per station bases.

Then one would make the assumption that you would configure the port, not connect a source, and the person would get dead air while on hold....

I just looked up SBCSU on 9006 and, as I thought, (on the 9006) it's for setting up phonemail interfaces and other special purpose channels. They must have significantly changed that AMO for the 4000!

Ok.

DIS-RCSU;

Find the entrys moh and make a note of the number`s attached to them.

Then CHA-SBCSU:

and change the entry HMUSIC to a number that does not correspond to any entrys within you RCSU tables, That should sort it.

Thanks everyone for your help! I've sent this to the Siemens support person who said this couldn't be done. I'll let you know how it works out.

If you dont have a external MOH source then the swu will use the system default, Which im sure you can change within ZAND.

If it is the system MOH then i dont think you can configure it individually, but you could set up a dummy recording as suggest above and use that in the phon set up HMUSIC.

anyway i will stop going on now :)

Good Luck!

Here is the response:

..tried as suggested. At first those extensions were using HMUSIC 0 which does not exist then I created in RCSU another HMUSIC 1 (it is not attached to a source) and I assigned all those numbers to HMUSIC 1 but when we tested users said the music on hold is still being played. Then I supposed that the music is played from SSC (there is a display below) but when I tested I deactivated that channel 1-1-25-23 and the music was still played which is strange.I will further investigate.

DISPLAY-SSC:TYPE=ALL;

H500: AMO SSC STARTED

| PEN CPCALL COFIDX CLASSMRK |

| 1- 1- 25-23 MUSIC 0 G711 |

| G729OPT |

| ML |

| VIAHHS |

You may have to do a reset/reload after changing MOH sources to get everything to cooperate. That has been my experience on both 9006 (Hicom 300) and Hicom 150.

If user do not want parties they place on hold to hear no MOH, in SCBCU, have HMUSIC=0.

Look at you MOH with DIS-RCSU; place you test set on the channel you should here music. (it is also referanced in SSC)

Verified the music channel is in service, DIS-SDSU:ALL,,PEN,PERS,1,X,Y,Z; if not perform a reset on the channel RES-DSSU:pEN,1-X-Y-Z; that should do it....

The early versions of Hicom 300 (9006 in the US?) used ZAND:ALLDATA params MELODY and HOLDTN to set silence, an announcement, a stored jingle, or CD music, all as a system wide MOH.

If you wanted announcement ("Please Hold The Line"), you set HOLDTN in Zand Alldata to RA. If you wanted the stored jingle, you set HOLDTN to MUSIC and also in Zand Alldata you set MELODY to 1 or 2, depending on which really bad tune you wanted. If you wanted silence, HOLDTN was still MUSIC but you set MELODY to 3, which was actually silence.

If you wanted CD music/IPOD etc.. you also added in SSC an EXTANN (external announcement) port on an SLMA pen, and connected your music device to that.

After changing the above parameters it is usually necessary to activate the SIU with ACT-USSU:SIU,1; dial tone will be lost for a few seconds but no system restart is required.

In the newer UV software, SBCSU as discussed has the additional parameter HMUSIC, where you could also set as a hold source an RCSU HMUSIC port. Adding HMUSIC allows you to override the system wide config with per extn configuration. There is no reason why you can't add a "silent" source to an HMUSIC port and set that against an extension although you must have something connected to answer the ringing signal from the Hipath. If you dont, it will show defective in SDSU and extns that should use that port for MOH will default to the system wide MOH.

Hope that helps.

But if I am understanding all of the rest of the discussion correctly we are still discussing a System Wide parameter and not one that is addressable on a phone-by-phone basis, which is what the original person is trying to do?

My post covers the system wide config (ZAND and SSC), and the individual, per extn, config (SBCSU(HMUSIC)).

Early Hicom 300's did not support the individual config, if he has a Hipath 4000, which uses the same software in both the US and Europe (i.e UV software), he's good to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back