Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HiCom ACD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill5

Technical User
Jul 9, 2008
US
Need to program a new ACG group in a HiCom 300e. Please respond with screen prints. Also, please include AMO direction on how to display a currently programmed queue.
Thanks

Sorry typo....I need an ACD group

Which version switch do you have? 9006.x x=?

Do you have Observer/Composer? That is the easiest way to look at everything and actually the easiest way to set almost everything up except the DNIT number. I can set it up the old fashioned way, but there are a lot of steps and I can't just compose it out of my head. I would have to write it all down and then transpose it here.

9006.5 uses businessview 3.0
9006.6 uses observer/composer 4.0

you can get information for to configurate the acdg for hicom300 in in the link /descarga(download)/siemens here you will get the file FlexRoutingBVOBVC-S.ppt. The information is in spanish but the amos are in english step to step
you have other technical information about h4000 version 4
if you need more information you can write me to anatrejo2000@gmail.com

FYI: the USA version of the Hicom 300 is very different than the European (used by the rest of the world) Hicom 300. When Siemens joined into the ownership of the IBM/ROLM company in 1989, the European Hicom was re-engineered for the USA market by engineers in Boca Raton, Florida and Santa Clara, California. The result was new AMOs and new hardware for the USA. The HiPath 4000 project was referred to as "UNITY", to merge the two Hicom 300 platforms. For example, in the USA Hicom, Least Cost Routing was simplified, e.g. Euro-AMOs RICHT & LDAT were consolidated into USA AMO LROUT. The HiPath 4000 actually uses many of the European Hicom 300 AMOs, and a few AMOs from the US Hicom 300 (LDPLN, for example). So when someone seeks assistance for "Hicom 300" on this forum, it is a good idea to know which version is involved!!!

Anatrejo2000 has provided a very nice Euro-Hicom 300 document, but Jill5 (who appears to be a USA forum member) will probably not benefit from it because the AMOs ZAND, DIMSU, etc, are not valid on the USA Hicom 300. Jill5, if you know the HiPath 4000, then these AMOs may make sense. ZAND is "SYSDA" on the US Hicom, and "DIMSU" is DIMEN. There may be a file somewhere on the internet that will provide a complete cross-reference of these AMOs.

Good luck!

Thanks to all the responses. I am actually only the voice mail vendor. My customer needed to make some changes in his PBX to work with the voice mail and creating the queue was one of the things he needed but did not know the AMO commands to complete. He does most of his work using LC Win. I think that is the name. It seems to me it is a GUI interface used for MAC's on stations. He has another GUI interface for queue scripting but not the option to create a new queue. I am a Nortel trained technicain and Nortel's Telephony Manager product works kind of like my assumption from above on how Seimens works.

The LC-Win graphical portions are probably mostly useless when configuring ACD. You would have to have access to go into the "Special" menu item and select "Direct AMO Dialog" to get a command line prompt to do many of the commands.

If the customer has HiPath ProCenter Composer (Assuming their switch is software release 9006.6) they can do most of the setup of the group such as ACD Routing Tables, shift sets, route control groups, The ACD group itself, adding agents, etc. The stuff to program the actual ACD DNIT numbers and the final switching everything over to the group needs to be done in the switch using AMOS.

To document all the steps here would take way more time than I have to sit here at my employer's expense and try to post here, plus it would be probably bigger than some of my more annoying posts I've done elsewhere.

I do have a document that translates all of the 9006 AMOs into their HP4000 equivalents if they exist. It would drive me nuts otherwise trying to figure all those German words out - I mean hell... If you want to add digits to your dial plan in 9006 you say add-dpln - simple. In the 4000 the command is add-wabe - and then you have to know whether it's WABE or TWABE... It's just nuts.... :eek:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back