Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HICOM 330 E to HIPATH 4000 MIGRATION 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

dermetz

IS-IT--Management
Jun 9, 2005
GR
Hey everyone,

I am a technical assistant for the telecomm infrastructure of a medium-large enterprise. Recently we have decided to migrate from hicom 330E to hipath 4000. Is there anyone to have a clue about the HW and SW modifications that we have to make in order to reuse the existing cards and minimise the cost?

Hi Dermetz the main modifications of HICOM 330 for HI PATH 4000 are in HW in 330 HICOM the command are DPC5 or DSCX and in 4000 HI PATH the command is DPC5-X100(Hi Path 4500) and DSCX-X100. Sw will need to format the HD to install the version of sw HI PATH 4000 and UNIXWARE 7 or 8.
Thank's Josue
if vc need aid technique help to ask for to me, ok?

It must run over Siemens, becaus you need new codewords for youre licensing. Mayby some boards will not run on HiPath 4000, for example the WAML-Board in HiPath 4000 V2.0. We have also problems with the TMOM-Connection for paging-systems. I think, the first generation of SLC16-Boards will also not run. Also old SLMA-Boards (already convertetd from a Hicom 300). If you use on yore trunks ConrNet you have to change to ECMAV2. CORNET runs there are problems in connections from a outside line to a CORNET-Trunk. Thats why the WAML also does not works, because it´s using CORNV33.
You have to change the boards which are not running, the processor-boards and you must generate the system new.
If you work in a network I think you have a domain-management-tool like CM-WIN or DMS . They will not support HiPath 4000. DMS will be upgraded to HiPath manager, CM-WIN is replaced by HiPath Assistant (HTML-Interface on the Systeme running under Unixware7). But the Assistant supports only standalone-systems. In thise case it´s sometimes interisting to change from a few trunked systems to one system, whiche is providing IPDA`s (IP-distributed architecture). Here are external shelfes controlled by the processor of the mean-System an doing the same like bevore. But you don't need a expensive Manager (HiPath Assistant is a part of HiPath 4000) and all feturers running over the complete System without problems. If you afraid in problems of the IP-connectios you can by signalling-survibility. Here calls the IPDA a route on the main-system if the IP-Link is broken. You cann also use a emergency-processor. Here is a processor placed in the IPDA. If the IP-link goes away this processor takes the control of one ore more IPDA('s) and will run as a separate HiPath 4000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back