Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

HICOM 300E using INBand integration for voice mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jill5

Technical User
Jul 9, 2008
US
Any Seimens HICOM 300E PBX technicians out there set up analog ports with inband intergration for a 3rd party voice mail system?

Looking to integrate with AVST Call Xpress voice mail. I work with the voice mail and there are no integration notes provided by AVST on how to set up the analog ports on the PBX side.

I'm having mine cutover on July 23 but our integration is going to be through Optiset ports, otherwise I would be able to give you the information. Our rightfax server will be done through Analog, but I don't think that's the same.

Thanks for the reply. I'm a Nortel tech and we all know the way of Nortel/Avaya currently......

I've put in a few AVST voice mail systems integrated with Centrex and one integrated with Nortel digital ports. Is the Optiset a digital set integration?

Yes, the Optiset is digital. The board is one step up from the older digital boards I normally use so I'm not completely sure how they're going to configure it other than using the station ports.

The voicemail I have now is connected through an ISDN link, but that's Siemen's (Rolm) stuff so the interface is probably more proprietary. I went with AVST this time to stay system independent just in case I make some major changes down the road, plus it is much more full featured then going the proprietary route in this case.

I've seen the way it's going to connect and would assume (you know what they say...) the primary difference in setup would be they would put a different Dialogic board in the server that is configured for analog ports rather than digital. I would assume the rest (hunt group extension to ports for forwarding, one extension for direct access, and if like my existing one a third extension for auto-callback for message keys).

That's about all I know until they bring it in and integrate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back