Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hicom 150e

Status
Not open for further replies.

ptstechnician

Vendor
Jun 28, 2006
US
Has anyone connected two Hicom 150e's (Pro & Comm) using a MPLS network and CISCO routers? Have a customer that had a point-to-point T1 (for years & working great) and they now have CISCO routers. I'm going on site tomorrow and hope I can get some help.

If they were using CorNet protocol on their P-P T1 that protocol may not be compatible with the new connection. You may need to adjust the network protocol in use on both sides. Also both sides need to be using the save revision of the protocol, and at least in a CorNet world one side needs to be master and the other slave.

This is just a WAG, but protocol would be the first place I would start looking in my organization.

Got it figured out. Had to change the T1 type to 5ESS. The CISCO tech took it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back