Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi there what can i do to implement a virtual version of server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

beaner2005

Technical User
Feb 8, 2009
US
i have installed sever 2003 on one of my partitions, however my graphics and sound drivers will not work with that operating system, my network card drivers wont work either, so i used some generic ones and works just fine, i am wondering are there any generic sound card or graphics drivers i can use in server 2003 to run at atleast 1024 x 768 so i can listen to music and see what i am doing,

also another question, most importantly if i can just run the virtual server 2003 from windows xp home edition service pack 3 that would be cool. from what i understand the only version supported is xp professional

beaner2005,

You said -
"i am wondering are there any generic sound card or graphics drivers i can use in server 2003 to run at atleast 1024 x 768 so i can listen to music and see what i am doing,"

You might try forum931

or

the PC Hardware - General forum here at Tek-Tips for more info on setting up generic sound and video cards!

Just a thought!

E.A. Broda
CCNA, CCDA, CCAI, Network +

damn cisco, too much of the thong song, i figured it out

Also,

Regarding running a Virtual Instance of Windows Server 2003 on XP Home.

Since you are running Service Pack 3 you can use a number of solutions:
1) Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 - 2) Virtual Box -
These are two of the better known varieties that work on XP Home SP3. MS's solution will not work on Home without SP3 however.

Server Technician (Pomeroy IT Solutions)
Server Technician (Nationwide Insurance)
Cisco CCNA
CompTIA A+
CompTIA Server+

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back