Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi there, I'm facing the follow

Status
Not open for further replies.

danrab

Programmer
Sep 1, 2003
NL
Hi there,

I'm facing the following problem, hope someone can help.
I've installed seagate info on a win2000 prof machine, as a standalone APS. On this machine the APS and sentinel services won't start.

the log-on user profile is a domain administrator with enough priveliges, password is checked and OK.

starting the sentinel service gives me an error 1075 stating the dependency service does not exist or is marked for deletion.
I've also checked the event log which says : The Info Sentinel service depends on the following nonexistent service: Rdr.
Subsequently, the APS won't start if the Sentinel isn't running.

I launched the SVR DEP tool, which is on the info-cd.
the info sentinel service depens on 3 other services :
1. NT LM Security Support Provider (which is running)
2. Remote Procedure Call (also running)
3. NET DDE Service

I found a thread on CD support site, which stated that the dependency on the NET DDE service can be removed, using this tool. I removed the dependency, rebooted the machine; but still get the same message 1075.

Is there anybody who has an idea how to solve this ?

Thanks in advance.

I am having the same problem with our Crystal Info on a W2000 server. Did you ever figure out to solve this problem and restart the service? HELP!

We did solve this problem by manually removing the dependencies from the registry key HKey_Local_Machine\sytem\currentcontrolset\services\crystal info sentinal.

Hopes this suits you
Kind regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back