Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, quick question: does Outlook97

Status
Not open for further replies.

robinsdale

Programmer
Jun 5, 2001
AU
Hi, quick question: does Outlook97 (of Office97) support stationery for email? If not, are there any add-ons that will enable this?

Cheers,
Robyn

Hi Paul666,
Thanks for your reply. I think I phrased my question poorly.
I was able to *send* email with stationery - *viewing* incoming email that is formatted as html is another matter. When I get email in HTML format, I see the text in plain format, and icons representing the html and whatever images as attachments.
I had a close look at the options, but could not find the setting option for viewing an email with the html embedded as opposed to attached.
Regards,
Robyn

Yeah that happens to me too. Our email server converts HTML emails to plain text. I think it's more likely to be a server setting for you too - either with your ISP or with your Exchange Server.

What I find curious, tho, is that in Outlook Express all HTML email displays properly - from the same server. Leads me to think the problem might be with Outlook97 - especially since Outlook2000 (part of Office 2000) also displays HTML properly. All from the same ISP....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back