Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Please convey me the procedu 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

techleo

Technical User
Nov 7, 2002
IN
Hi

Please convey me the procedure to do Print Merge in CorelDraw 9

Techleo

what exactly do you want to merge? - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

I have designed a certificate in CorelDraw there I want to merge text typed in MS-Word in the appropriate spaces Can I do this with the Print Merge. What exactly is the workaround.

It is. but you need to save as a comma delimited text file, or an RTF ouut odf Word. Then uase file>print>merge and select the data fields. It is also necessary to set up all the data fields properly in the drawing first. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

It is. but you need to save as a comma delimited text file, or an RTF out of Word. Then use file>print>merge and select the data fields. It is also necessary to set up all the data fields properly in the drawing first. - "Oops! I've joined a club that'll have me as a member?" -

To perform a print merge, you must create an ANSI text file (.TXT file extension) that contains the information you want to merge with the drawing.

To prepare a text file for print merge

1. Launch a word processor, and open a new file.
2. On the first line, indicate how many pieces of text will be replaced. The example in step 4 indicates that there are three pieces of text (in the drawing) that will be replaced by substitute text (from the text file).
3. Starting on the second line, type the text exactly as it appears in each text object in the drawing. This includes typing capital letters, spaces, line breaks, blank lines, etc. wherever they occur. The text must end with a character; blank spaces or lines after the text will prevent the merge from working.

4. Add back slashes (\) before and after each piece of text. The text can be entered on separate lines, such as the examples below (where "3" identifies the number of pieces of text).

\Name\Date\InstructorOr, you can type text back-to-back on the same line. You still need one back slash to mark the beginning of each piece of text and another to mark the end, which is why there are two "\" between Name and Date, and two "\" between Date and Instructor.
\Name\\Date\\Instructor
5. Type the text to be substituted for the previous text. Because back slashes serve as markers to indicate the beginning and end of pieces of text, you can't use back slashes in the text to be substituted. There must be an entry for each piece of text. The text file should look like this.

\Name\Date\Instructor\Jon von Wolf\18 August 1995\Mr. Donald Smith\Katie MacBear\18 August 1995\Ms. Maria SantanaOr like this, if you are using the linear approach.
\Name\\Date\\Instructor\Chris van Wolf\\18 August 1995\\Mr. Donald Smith\Kelly MacBear\\18 August 1995\\Ms. Maria Santana
6. Save the file as an ANSI text file (.TXT extension).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back