Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi people! A some days a go, I d 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglas767

Technical User
Feb 27, 2002
BR
Hi people!

A some days a go, I do troobleshooting on a customer, and this customer don´t have swithes capaples do make mirror or spanning three and don´t are manageable. I talk with a tecnician of NAI and he give me a litle box with 3 or 4 conectors, this box was capable to split the connection from server to swith and let me get my captures.

I like to know how this box works, and if is easy to hands made.

Thanks

Douglas

Hi Alex,

I don't know of any brochures as such. The best bet is to look at the "Install" and "GEtting Started" guides.

Alf

Here's what I know about the FDX card...
The FDX card has 256 MB on board buffer to allow for high speed capture at near line rate.
It also has an FPGA that allows a certain amount of hardware filtering.
The card has 2 channels that can be used in either end station or pass through mode.
The card supports Copper and Fiber interfaces.
Details should be available in the 4.3 Documentation, as pointed out by Alf.

I found a Finisar Tap and it works great! Th only other way around the switch is to use a cam table crasher which turns the switch into a hub......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back