Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi Path 3700: Incoming PRI calls no longer showing caller's number

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschetta

Systems Engineer
Feb 20, 2019
US
Greetings, Everyone-
First, thanks for being the only resource I'm able to find online that can help with a legacy system like a HiPath 3700. I've spent a lot of time lurking on the forums and have gleaned valuable insight in the past (and for that I am grateful!)
I have a problem regarding the incoming number not being displayed on the Optipoint handset for PRI calls. We just switched carriers and incoming and outgoing "external" calls over the PRI are working as they should. However, now when an incoming call over the PRI rings at one of the stations, the display shows "PRI" instead of the 10-digit number that is calling. This is the first instance of this happening (we've switched 5 other locations with HiPath 3700/3750's over to our new carrier and haven't encountered this issue).

So my questions is: is this something that has to be configured on the router handing off the PRI, or is there a setting in the HiPath that needs to be changed?

If I am leaving out information, or if there is more that would help, please let me know. Thanks for any insight you all can give!

If I remember correctly from way back when I set mine up you had to request Caller-ID w/Name as an option and it wasn't provided by default. It's possible if you switched several and they work that this one just fell through the cracks.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Thanks for the reply, Don! My carrier says they verified that the router handing off the PRI is configured similarly to the other sites I have already cut over with them. They sent me call examples of the PRI that show the incoming calling number (though I'm not sure how to tell if this has any bearing on the caller-ID being transferred). I have to apologize regarding my ignorance of the technology. I've had to learn by doing and this current issue has thrown me for a loop

I wouldn't call it ignorance :) I am not that good at trunking because I don't do it often. Have you compared all your routing stuff to your other sites, the TDCSU settings, COS values, etc? If the system has the ability to set up an ISDN trace you might set one up to monitor the D channel and see how the incoming and outgoing calls are being set up - that might help. Other than that, I'm no expert - I'm a big fan of comparing what works to what doesn't, etc.

Don Bruechert, Voice Comm Analyst II
CareTech Solutions @ Holy Family Memorial
Manitowoc, WI, USA

Ideally you should borrow an ISDN tester to prove that it is a carrier or a system issue

In 4k we have some possibilities to manipulate the digits or name displaying on incoming trunk.
Maybe there is a similarity for Hipath 3700.

I assume "PRI" is the name defined on trunk (in 4k : BUEND,RICHT).
On 4k manipulation (for incoming/outgoing trunks)can be made via:

In ZAND: ALLDATA2 param:
DISPTGNA - Display name of trunk group of extension, when calling number of extension A is unknown or suppressed (only external connection).
DISPREST - Outgoing call to restricted subscriber B never leads to showing the RICHT or BUEND name on display of the originator (subscriber A).
DISPNUUN - Text on display of extension B, when calling number of extension A is unknown or suppressed. This works for internal, external and public
networking calls (see also parameter DISPTGNA and DISPREST). DB-Initialization = '*XXX*'

In ZAND: ALLDATA param:
DISPMODE - MODE1 : Display extension and name, if text to long: cut name
- MODE2 : Display extension only
- MODE3 : Display name only
- MODE4 : Display extension and name, if text to long: only extension.
- MODE5 : Display extension and name, if text to long: # instead of extension. For MODE5 the trunk group name in AMO-BUEND (parameter NAME) has to
be closed by '@'.

If there a similar parameters on 3700 you can compare them with the systems setup which don't have this issue.

Hi there.

Seens the problem is the protocol into TMS2M.
Did you tried to change the protocols descriptions?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply to this thread. It's given me a lot to go on:

donb01 - TDCSU settings, COS values: my ignorance shows again, as I don't know where to verify these settings/values. I do have snippets of the debug log for an incoming call from my carrier at both my problem site and another site that isn't having the issue. From what I can tell they look very similar. If you want, I can post them.

sbcsu - Thank you for the suggestion. If it comes down to it, I may have to reach out to local techs/engineers in the area and inquire if they may have the ability to test with one

adibv - Thanks for the detailed suggestion. The only way I know how to access our 3700 is with the HiPath 3000 Manager software. This is in the System Parameters -->Display setting of the HiPath manager
ID-disp_wvkehi.jpg

I've tried all of the settings under Display name /call number section and the issue still persists :(

fred.nez - I have to apologize, as I don't know what the TM2SM protocol is. If you are familiar with the HiPath Manager software, can you tell me where to look for this?

Thank you all again for taking the time to help me out with this. If you are as busy as me, I'm grateful for you spending the time to help out another sysadmin.

You can check the TMS2M protocols at Lines/Networking - Trunks.

i7vB2tg.jpg

Will appear all your active trunks. Double click on tab "Parameters" (in any line that shows you a TMS2M board active) will show you the possible configurations you can make in the active card.

YwsBQ0e.jpg

Siemens TMS2M use diferent protocols deppending from where you the equipment is installed (USA, Europe, Brazil, etc).
I'm assuming you have this card installed, you can check this at System-wide.

DING!DING!DING! fred.nez you were correct! I compared this to our other locations and the protocol was set to an old AT&T protocol, whereas every other site was set to a generic NI-2 protocol or the AT&T protocol that included NI-2:

Before:
before_dosopo.jpg

After:
after_admaez.jpg

This really saved me. I still hadn't gotten a response from my vendor and I wanted to get this resolved before the weekend. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back