Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, Later to have registered the

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvmv

Technical User
Sep 17, 2002
ES
Hi,

Later to have registered the licenses the server of backup, there are clients to cluster of whom they are not made backup by lack of licenses. The problem is not that there are not licenses, but that are virtual server who are consuming a license of cluster.

Characteristics of the system:
Server of Backup:
Windows 2000 Server with SP3
Legato Networker v.6.2 Build 109

The clients of Legato Networker have installed version 6.2. except two of them who form to cluster NODE1 and NODE2 who as well contain the virtual nodes, that are the virtual nodes that are consuming licenses of clients of cluster.

I have tried to update these clients to version 6.2 of Legato Networker, but with this version backup of these clients does not work. The Backup of the group that contains these clients is started until after long time fails by inactivity.

The clients NODE1 and NODE2 are Windows NT with SP6a.

Thank you,

To backup cluster clients, you need to have cluster client
licenses, not 'normal' ones. Once the cluster is running,
NetWorker will detect this and enforce the licensing scheme.

I have 16 license cluster clients for 8 clusters in windows, but the output of command nsrlic -v is the following:

NT CLUSTER CLIENT LICENSES
Available: 16
Used: 18

NODE1A,NODE1B
NODE2A,NODE2B
NODE3A,NODE3B
NODE4A,NODE4B
NODE5A,NODE5B
NODE6A,NODE6B
NODE7A,NODE7B
NODE8A,NODE8B
VIRTUALNODE1A,VIRTUALNODE1B

the command display the name of 16 physical nodes (is correct)and the name of 2 virtual nodes (is wrong).

Can you help me.

With all the other cluster clients configured already, i
almost assume that you did not setup the virtual nodes
wrong. However, i just can imagine that your backup command
is wrong (if there is any). Virtual node names should only
be listed as defined, never as connected.

Hi!

Are all these Clusternodes in the same group? Run an savegrp -pv <groupname> and put the Output in here. The Second, did you put the accounts of both physical-nodes in the remote-access resource group of the virtual node?
I had this problem several times and this is a client setup problem.

If not try to put these in your remote-access on the virtual node:

administrator@<physicalnode1>
administrator@<physicalnode2>

regard's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back