Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I'm using Crystal8.5. All

Status
Not open for further replies.

kala1234

Programmer
Feb 13, 2003
IN
Hi,

I'm using Crystal8.5. All my reports are attached to Oracle Stored procedures. Is there any way by which i can display an error message in the Crystal Report when the Reference Cursor doesn't return any data???

Any pointers on this issue??
Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks In Advance
Kala

I usually do this by returning an empty row of data.

Place a suppressed formula in your report header.

//@Counter
Count({YourRecord})

Place an error message formula in a section, and conditionally suppress the section according to:

IsNull({@Counter})

Naith

Hi,

When you say

//@Counter
Count({YourRecord})

you mean {YourRecord} , is this a function of variable that is given by the Crystal.???

Can we identify a record (row of data) in crystal.
There is a record number.As far as i understand, record number is something like an id of rows right???

Sorry, this was very short-sighted on my behalf.

What I meant was for you to replace the literal YourRecord with a mandatory field brought back by the SProc. So, if ID was one such compulsory field, it'd read Count({SProcName.ID})

The way you identify rows of data within the report is to use the RowNumber function. As you correctly surmise, RowNumber is a RowID of sorts, just for the purpose of the report output at that time. If you reordered the report, RowNumbers would not remain loyal to their previous rows, but would rather start at 1 on the first record and consistently increment by 1.

Sorry for the confusion,

Naith

Hi Naith,

The solution is working fine...
Thanks a lot for the sudden response...

Kala

Hi I'm using CR 8.5 on oracle 8i. I would like to use Oracle stored procedures. However, I'm running into problem. The stored procedures are owned by another user so I just have "execute" priviledge on it. If I use native connection, I'm able to see and design the report using stored procedure. HOwever, with this connection, CR does not understand BLOBs data type that have graphics. If I used ODBC connection, then I cant' see the stored procedure since I"m not the owner of the stored proc. Does anyone have any ideas how to solve this or come across this problem and successfully solved it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back