Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I'm having trouble creating

Status
Not open for further replies.

MartinWalter

Programmer
Mar 3, 2002
AU
Hi,

I'm having trouble creating a copy of a v9.3 database on another machine. I've created the database and specified the dataspaces and chunks the same as the original database.

The problem occurs when I try and retore the database from tape using ontape -r . I get all the header info ok and the "Continue restore?" prompt. About 5 minutes after I answer the prompt I get the following output:

Continue restore? (y/n)y
Physical restore failed - restore reserved pages failed

Program over.

Both dataabses are Informix 9.3. The OS is Unix 11.0 on each machine. The tape drive is on a third machine. The tape is specified in the config file as:
LTAPE L2000:/dev/rmt/0m

Can someone help? Thanks?

Hi:

Let me ask the obvious: Are there any other messages inside your online log file?

Regards,

Ed

Am I suppose to check the logs as well. Duh! Thanks, that showed me what was wrong.

Martin

Hi,
If the above could not solve the problem, note that both the servers should have same configurations regarding size, and the type of the tape also like 'om' or '1m'. This should be '0m'.
Hope this solves
HSP Parthasarathy, Hassan

It's good to export database as server spefic and import to other system. This is little time consuming but Good Practice unless u wanna test Tapes. I advise use archecker before use restore and make shure tape is fine. let me know if u require further help. if u r in US mail u r no i can help u.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back