Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I want to calculate diff

Status
Not open for further replies.

nphani77

Programmer
Jun 11, 2003
US
Hi,

I want to calculate difference of 2 dates at universe level and store the result universe objects.

Example:
Consider that my database consists of Project Table, which contains ProjectID , Startdate, Enddate.
I want to Calculate the difference between Project start date and Project end date. The result in number of days should be stored in a universe object. My database is in SQL Server.Pl suggest the solution ASAP.

Regards,
Phani

you are suppose to use the sql server database function which will calculate the difference in the universe object definition

Hi Just add to my previous mail...the project end date i would be passing through the prompt. So database cannot understand the statements like @variable or @ prompt functions.So BO is unable to parse it. So i cannot save that object without parsing.How can I achieve this

The objects like prompt and variables are resolved to the equivlent sql form before submitting it to the back end database. so you should be able to parse object in designer. in the case of date the fucntion you use should take constants as date

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back