Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi! I need your help, i have a w

Status
Not open for further replies.

hagaleano

Programmer
Jul 24, 2003
BR
Hi!

I need your help, i have a w2k server SP4, and i have some clients connecting via terminal services, those clients need to print in their local printers, i have done this things:

In connection manager actived the checkbox CONNECT CLIENT PRINTERS AT LOGON
I install printer drivers in server
I review and client printer are connected to LPT1

But nothing works, what is missing?

Please help me

Hugo Galeano

you've setup everything correctly but I don't understand about the LPT1 port. A remote user should be mapping their own port for printing. When they connect you should see their default printer attached as a client printer kind of like this:

Client\DomainName-AccountName#\\\ClientWorkstation\Printer

LPT1 has no significance for a remote user, they are really just using their default network printer. What I usually do is load the driver and delete the printer from the server which leaves the active driver on the server.

Can the server see the printer? Try logging into the server physically and try printing. Make sure the printers are shared.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back