Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I need to mirror the internal

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavinB

Technical User
Apr 11, 2001
GB
Hi,
I need to mirror the internal disks of Sun server using Solaris Disksuite while Veritas Volume Manager will be used for external disk array structure.Am I right in doing so or shall I use Volume Manager for both.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.....
Thanx....

What people have done in the past was using DiskSuite to mirror the root disk and Veritas VM for everything else. There was a valid reason for this which I don't want to dwell into. Basically, when you use VxVM to encapsulate/mirror the root disk, the partitions on your root disk are moved around if you have partitions on slice 3 and 4. This can get messy. There was a good article from Sun that discussed on how to use VxVM to mirror the root disk correctly and avoid the problems. Unfortunately, I can't recall the name of the article. You may want to search Sunsolve and related sites.

hi,
Thanx for the info....I searched on sunsolve site and found this article:
Multiple system reboots may result in missing VERITAS volumes with Solaris 2.6.
Is it this one which u were referring to...?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back