Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have one report with 3 det 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fursten

Programmer
Dec 27, 2000
PT
Hi,

I have one report with 3 detail sections. Each detail section have one data base field, so each detail field could be empty or it could have one or many lines of information (it depends of the query I made in VB).

Most of the time, these 3 detail sections will need 2 pages to be printed. The problem is that, if, for instance, detail section 2 doesn´t have any recorsets, I would like to supress it, so the report will be printed in only one page (with only section 1 and 3). Got it?

I tried to supress it in format section (supress blank section), however, it didn´t work :\

Other way it would be to make the detail sections shorter, but I need some space for them :
Any help would be appreciate

Thank you

Sergio Oliveira

Hi Sergio,
Have you tried to suppress the Database field if it is null or equal to spaces?

Right click on the database field and choose the 'Common Tab'. At the top of the window is the suppress formula button. Click that and enter the formula:

IsNull(Database field) or
Database field = ' '

Keep the suppress on the blank section. Hope this helps. :)

LindaC
lcastner@co.orange.ny.us

Make the field objects small and format them with the "Can Grow" option. They will only take up as much room as they need.

You should also take each of the three detail sections and uncheck the "keep together" so that they can print partially on the first page. Otherwise you will get large blank areas. Ken Hamady
Crystal Reports Training and a
Quick Reference Guide to VB/Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back