Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have got a few SUN ultra10 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ringo44

Programmer
Mar 19, 2003
GB
Hi,

I have got a few SUN ultra10's running solaris 7 and i need to know what hardware is in each of them (ie processor speed, RAM size, Hard disk size etc).

Is there a command or util i can use to detect this ?

Thanks

Ringo

The '/usr/platform/sun4u/sbin/prtdiag' command will give you a lot of this information and the harddisk details are available using the 'format' command.

I ran the prtdiag command and it did give good info on my system running Solaris 9. On my AIX system, I run a command "lscfg -vl xxxxxx' where xxxxx is the disk, cdrom, tape unit, etc. I need information on. It gives me Device, Location, Detailed Description, Manufacturer, Type and Model, Maint Levels, as well as a Replacement Part Number (FRU) that can be called in if I need to have it serviced. Does SUN offer any command that can give a more detailed info on a device?

You can also get processor info (speed, type, etc) with...
[tt]
psrinfo -v
[/tt]
Hope this helps.

I found the memconf perl utility quite helpful as well - lists actual memory modules and slots occupied (on most systems) - saves taking the server to pieces before ordering an upgrade.

To get a summary listing of all attached disks from a script call

format </dev/null | grep cyl

Hi spoodie,

Though i have prtdiag in the respective folder, i couldn't open it. Is there any special command to open it ? or is it possible to open telnetting to the server ?

Even sysdef,prntconf are the commands i heard informative, but never i could run in my Sun Ultra 10 Server.

Do u have any idea on how to view this commands ?

yahoo16

prtdiag is an executable not a text file.

as root type /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back