Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi, I have an unusual problem. M

Status
Not open for further replies.

InspectorHound

Programmer
Nov 21, 2014
US
Hi,

I have an unusual problem. My office has a paper form on which certain fields must be filled. This form only exists in paper format; there is no electronic version. It was recommended to me that the best way to fill out this form is to create an Excel spreadsheet that contains the answers. I should then place the paper form in the printer and print the excel sheet onto the form. Can anyone suggest a better answer?

Hi,

How long does it take to dig a hole?

Obviously, you'd need a lot more information before an answer could be ventured.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my OLD subtlety...
for a NUance![tongue][/sub]

This form only exists in paper format; there is no electronic version
That's a bit hard to believe in this day & age. Even so, a good scanner & OCR program should be able to recreate the content, which you'd then save as a PDF or Word document and add the relevant fields (or content controls - Word).

Cheers
Paul Edstein
[MS MVP - Word]

If your company has Adobe Acrobat Pro, you can scan this image and import it there.

Then you can make it a fillable form, by going to Forms...->Start form Wizard...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back