Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Hi I have a small application that was created in vb5 and reads from a

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephenlyn

Programmer
May 25, 2000
AU
Hi I have a small application that was created in vb5 and reads from an access database.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;I have just updated to Access 2000 & VB 6 and now I'm getting a run time error:-<br>Unregognized Database format run time error &quot;3343&quot;<br><br>The code I used to load the database is:-<br>Set MyWs = DBEngine.Workspaces(0)<br>Set MyDB = MyWs.OpenDatabase(App.Path & &quot;\uniform.mdb&quot;)<br>Set MyRs = MyDB.OpenRecordset(&quot;items&quot;, dbOpenDynaset)<br><br>Line 2 is the error.<br><br>What do I need to do to fix the problem?&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Should I go back to Access 97?<br><br>regards<br><br>Steve<br><br>

I dont realy know about this, but can you view access databases with your current install of access 2000? I mean, the same format?<br><br>anyways you might want to check into your control, and see if your new control from VB6 supports Access databases. If it does not you might want to consider a service pack or... you just need to use another control.

Steve,<br><br>I'd suggest you check in the Project/References, to check if you still have the reference to the DAO version 3.x.<br><br>If that's the case, you should clear it and add a reference to Microsoft DAO 4.0. I believe this should clear your error.<br><br>HTH,<br><br>Julio<br>

I could only find DAO 3.6, it did the trick.<br><br>Where can I get 4.0... do I need it.<br><br>Thanks <br><br>Steve

Actually, I made a mistake. Indeed, the last DAO version is 3.6.<br><br>4.0 is the version of the database engine in Access 2000, but now the recommended way to program it is via ADO and not DAO. I haven't used yet Access 2000, so I can't tell you anything about it. <br><br>But I am now working on a project with VB6 and I am using Access 97 as the DB Engine accessing it with DAO 3.51.<br><br>Julio<br>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back